Hobbes FC-2005 Fiber Checker Pro Pen Style Lightweight Visual Fault Locator
The FC-2005 Fiber Checker Pro is used for checking the defects of a fiber cable. It sends a visible 650nm wavelength red laser light through a fiber optic cable and the breaks or faults in the fiber will refract the light, creating a bright glow around the faulty area.
The universal connector can be used for the most common fiber interfaces such as ST/SC/FC/FA. It is suitable for testing both singlemode and multimode cables. With an optional 2.5mm to 1.25mm adapter, users can test 1.25mm fiber interfaced cables. The visibility of Fiber Checker Pro is up to 5 kilometers.
There is also a specially designed power circuit included that provides steady power which avoids unstable laser output when the battery is low. The output signal can be switched between CW or Pulse mode to get different visual effects. There is a dust proof cover which will prevent dust from getting into the inside of the interface. The cover also helps avoid incidental exposure of the laser to your eye.
- Wavelength: 650nm.
- Range: Visible up to 5km.
- Easy to check fiber faults with visual red laser light.
- Universal connector supplied for testing 2.5mm connectors such as ST, SC, FC.
- Optional Adapter (FA-002 2.5mm to 1.25mm) is available to allow testing 1.25mm connectors such as LC.
- Highly effective power circuits allow for stable laser power.
- Operates in both CW (continuous wave) & PM (pulse mode).
- Dust proof design keeps fiber connectors clean.
- Two AAA size alkaline batteries provide 15 hours of stable continuous operation.
- LED indicator for power, battery low, and CW/pulse indicators.
|Laser Class||Class 2|
|Output Power||> 0.6mW@25C into 9um fiber|
|Mode||CW / Pulse|
|Power Source||AAA Battery x 2 (1.5V)|
|Indicators||Power / Battery Low|
|Output Power Stability||+/- 0.2mW|
|Range||Visible to 5 Km|
|Operation Temperature||0C to 50C|
|Storage Temperature||0C to 70C|
|FC-2005||Fiber Checker Pro (VFL) (RoHs Compliant)|
|FC-2005A||Fiber Checker Pro (VFL) with 2.5mm to 1.25mm Adapter (RoHs Compliant)|
|FC-2009||Fiber Checker Pro II (VFL)|
|FC-2009A||Fiber Checker Pro II (VFL) with 2.5mm to 1.25mm Adapter|
|FC-2010||Optical Fiber Checker (VFL)|
|FC-2010A||Optical Fiber Checker (VFL) with 2.5mm to 1.25mm Adapter|
|FA-001/002||Ferrule Adapter – 2.5 mm to 1.25mm for VFL Fiber Testers|