Hobbes FC-2009 Fiber Checker Pro IIPen Style Lightweight Visual Fault Locator
Fiber Checker Pro II is used during installation and repair to find faults, check continuity, verify signal path and identify fibers. It tests Singlemode, Multimode and Plastic fibers. It has the capacity to test fiber cables up to 5km.
Fiber Checker Pro II emits a bright red light that can easily locate a fiber fault or a loss point. When testing for continuity, the fiber cable being tested will light up and be distinguishable from the other fibers in a bundle. Alternatively, a fiber route can be confirmed by bending a patch cord and looking for the visible red light to be emitted at the bend in the patch cord. The connector on the FC-2009 allows connection to 2.5mm connectors such as the FC, SC, and ST and a separate optional adapter (FA-002) is available for testing 1.25mm connectors such as the LC. The unit’s ceramic alignment sleeve ensures durable operation. With its waterproof design and high quality material, the Fiber Checker Pro II can withstand dust, humidity, and immersion in up to 1m of water.
- Wavelength: 650nm.
- Range: visibility up to 5km.
- Easy to check fiber faults with highly visible red laser light.
- Universal connector supplied for testing 2.5mm connectors such as ST, SC, FC.
- Optional Adapter (FA-002 2.5mm to 1.25mm) is available to allow testing 1.25mm connectors such as LC.
- Help With Writing Thesis
- Highly effective power circuits allow for stable laser power.
- Operates in both CW (continuous wave) & PM (pulse mode).
- Dust Proof and Water Proof design.
- Uses Two AAA size alkaline batteries.
- Durable Water Proof and Drop Resistant construction.
|Laser Class||Class 2|
|Output Power||>1 mW@25C into 9/125um singlemode fiber|
|Mode||CW / Pulse|
|Power Source||AAA Battery x 2 (1.5V)|
|Output Power Stability||+/- 0.2mW|
|Range||Visible to 5 Km|
|Operation Temperature||0C to 50C|
|Storage Temperature||0C to 70C|
|FC-2005||Fiber Checker Pro (VFL) (RoHs Compliant)|
|FC-2005A||Fiber Checker Pro (VFL) with 2.5mm to 1.25mm Adapter (RoHs Compliant)|
|FC-2009||Fiber Checker Pro II (VFL)|
|FC-2009A||Fiber Checker Pro II (VFL) with 2.5mm to 1.25mm Adapter|
|FC-2010||Optical Fiber Checker (VFL)|
|FC-2010A||Optical Fiber Checker (VFL) with 2.5mm to 1.25mm Adapter|
|FA-002||Ferrule Adapter – 2.5 mm to 1.25mm for VFL Fiber Testers|